Friday, March 12, 2010

New collage on canvas...

Most of you know I've been sick the past few days and haven't been able to sleep at night. Before I came down with what ever it is that I have... I painted a 5 inch square artist wrapped canvas with flat back paint. I thought it needed more luster for what I wanted to do with it, so I gave it a nice coat of varnish. It shines like black ice now (not that I know what black ice shines like - so maybe it shines like my motorcycle when I clean it up). Anyway... I finished the collage last night around 3 in the morning.

 I had soaked some cheese cloth in a golden yellow acrylic paint some time back for a project I never finished. I spread it out into a loosely shaped heart and glued it down at a few points so that it would basically "sit" on the canvas and still have some relief here and there. I then attached a couple of fairly large black feathers and 4 golden-dyed Guinea fowl feathers (3 in a clump with the black feathers and one tiny one at the bottom of the cheesecloth). The last piece attached was a vintage golden pearl and crystal earring.  I placed it at the base of the clump of feathers. All I have to do now is sign it, name it and post it in my Etsy shop.

I just painted two more 5x5 inch artist wrapped canvases, one with sand colored gloss enamel and one with avocado green gloss enamel. Haven't quite decided what to do with them yet... but if they turn out anything like this one... I'll be happy!  I can actually see this piece on a wall in an elegant home.  I'm very pleased with it.

5 comments:

  1. I love your collages and Muse dolls. They are funky and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my self portrait, very much appreciated. I love your little muse dolls, they are so cute. I can see why you only have 3 left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful contrasting colors- so elegant and bold - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous, Dianne. I love the shiny black and the beautiful yellow together, always a favorite combo of mine. The guinea feathers are really neat. My grandmother had guineas and I recall they were rather mean. However, the feathers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty, Diane -the black and yellow are so dramatic together. The feathers and cheesecloth provide such nice texture - very pretty piece!

    ReplyDelete