Friday, March 26, 2010

Lunchtime Fun!

Sew...er so, I had prepared for my lunch break today by cutting strips of fabric to make flowers... I had already made some, but here's today's fun frayed flowers...


The purple/green multicolored fabric was a skirt, as was the brick red. The turquoise and white was a top and the others were made from a fat quarter I've had for a while and fabric I got from a thrift store. Of course I still have to put buttons (new and/or vintage) or vintage jewelry pieces in the middles. 

I also, experimented with layering them...


And check out my nifty little traveling sewing kit!

It's made out of one of those lunch meals with the strainer and sauce tray... Works great!

4 comments:

  1. Is that little circle called a yoyo? I have a yoyo bedspread that my grandmother made more than 50 or 60 years ago. I can see where you cold make these bright scraps of fabric into beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D,
    I have been reading both your blogs. What a wonderful experience in the treehouse! Thank you for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. These fabric flowers look really fabulous.
    Have a wonderful art filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been on a flower making spree too. These are adorable!
    Blessings and love,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete