Friday, March 5, 2010

Collage Obsession Challenge

These are my takes on the "stairs" theme for Collage Obsession. I did three digital collages, all along the same lines...  The staircase photos are from Microsoft Clipart Online. Two ladies are from vintage dress pattern envelopes and the last lady and butterfly and moth wings are from my own collection.
 
The first two are more about women's empowerment...
The sentiment is the last stanza of a poem I wrote... It follows the last collage....
 
The last pertains more to the poem...

 
They say there's a stairway
leading to Heaven on high.

They say life is a journey,
the stairs we must climb.

They say we'll be reunited
when I finally get there.

I say, give me wings...
and I'll need no stairs...

3 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful - I love the third piece with the darker more mysterious colors and feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! I really like all your three collages. All your collages have so unique style and spirit.

    Thank you for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! I really like the vintage "Vogue-type" images against the black and white architecture.

    ReplyDelete