Thursday, September 30, 2010

Magpie 34

























Photo provided by Willow at Magpie Tales

The sun shines through the lamp and bottles on the window sill, casting jewel tones onto the wood floor.  Dust swirls in shafts of ruby, amber and emerald and gently settles on the sparse furniture.  There is no noise... but I can see her there... dancing... whirling barefoot on Walnut planks worn smooth by years of use... and dancing.  From the time she could walk, she loved the feel of the cool floor on the soles of her feet... loved the patterns of color on it...

The lamp and bottles are still there, casting the same jewels onto the floor. The floor, as well, remains unchanged...worn smooth as silk. Am I so different now? Has the age that has crept into my body taken dance from me?  Though my body is stiff and frail, my spirit dances daily...  Slowly, I take off my shoes and let my feet remember the coolness of the planks... and dance...

For more Magpie click here

26 comments:

  1. This is really nice...I like your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh that is so beautiful - very evocotive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dianne. Your link from Willow's MagpieTales#34 takes your would-be readers to the wrong post. They end up at your post of 29th.July. To put it right . .
    1. Select THIS SINGLE POST from your BLOG ARCHIVE
    2. Copy this posts URL from the address bar.
    3. Paste this into another link on Willow's blog.
    4. Leave a comment asking Willow to remove your original link (No 40)

    Keep dancing. Your words dance beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I liked this. :-)

    What a lovely Magpie!

    My Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the time warp between the beginning and the end...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should always dance even if the body does not allow. Beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. let my feet remember...go dance...now....ii will hopefully always dance...nice magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly did the right thing in writing this..and in taking your shoes off to dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dancing is cool for body and soul..
    smart tale.
    beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I love to dance, and plan to always do so.

    I really like your writing. (Will be following your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Mag. Love and Light, Sender

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how this waltzes us...back and forward
    through silken morning memories and soft evening light

    ReplyDelete
  13. luv a spirit who believes in dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Dianne, I too have jewel coloured bottles and dance in their light.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice story, nice magpie. Love the rhythm...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Let me take off my shoes and join you on the floor...

    ReplyDelete
  17. never too old to dance; good for the soles of your feet and the soul of your heart!
    Nice Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely piece - I can feel the wood beneath my feet and the music in my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I can certainly relate to this one! Beautiful write.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the beautiful message in this piece! Truly lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just a beautiful piece of writing. I could feel her.

    Mine is up.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gd 4 u. Dance! I say. Dance! I luv 2 dance.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, love the jewels imagery. Dance sister!

    ReplyDelete