Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bittersweet Inspiration...

I was wondering why I was feeling a bit melancholy today... until I wrote the date on some notes... September 9.  17 years ago today my mom, my dearest friend passed away.  It always hits me like this... sort of sneaks up on me amid happy occasions... September 4, my anniversary... September 12, my grandson's birthday...




The other night I was trying to figure out how I was going to display some of my smaller items at the wine fest next weekend and came across this.



A plate my mom made many years ago.   Then I got an idea and got this out....




and made this...



So now, whenever I need to display small items... or to serve a cake...




I can share my mom's creativity as well as my own.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne,
    I am sure that your mom would be very happy that you remembered her in this way. It is a nice blending of two creative spirits for all to see--a real mother-daughter collaboration. I lost my mom too 5 years ago. Remembering and honoring is good. Be good to yourself.
    xoxo,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect this is! And I see where your artistic talent comes from. Your mom must be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother was a very creative lady, I see where you got your talent from. It is nice you have some things you can enjoy of hers, I like how you have used this item it makes for a great display dish. Have a great week-end. Lorrie

    ReplyDelete