Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thanks and good night...

Wow! I can't believe all the wonderful comments I got for my latest creations and the Weeki Wachee mermaid photos that I posted!  Thank you all so much!  Tonight I'm sitting in a hotel room in Ft. Myers, FL on the Caloosahatchee River at the mouth of Charlotte Harbor. It's my fave hotel, even though it's decades old... The restaurant downstairs is old timey Florida and they always put me in a room with a balcony. It's been a very long day, as I worked most all day in my Brooksville office, then had to take my dog, Fred, to my dad's in Tampa (because Bruce is in New York) then drive to Ft. Myers.  I'm so tired, I don't  know that I'll get to commenting on everyone's latest creations.  I'm sure they are as lovely as usual. In the mean time... Here's Fred...
I used to have a Florida Foods business. I sold Key Lime juice and honey and citrus jellies, tropical fruit and spice marinades, and salsas... lots of stuff... It was called "A Green Window".  The name came from the 5 wine bottle bottom windows in the treehouse I used to live in.  Anyway... This was taken at a tropical plant fair where I had set up my goods for sale...
He looks hard at work doesn't he... the snoozing Schnoodle!
This one is on mine and Bruce's honeymoon... We had to sneak him in the cottage we were staying in, because Hurricane Francis was coming onshore and those that were able to make the wedding (many couldn't because of Francis) were evacuating! So Bruce, Fred and I spent the weekend and weathered the storm in a 100 year old cottage. It was behind the Victorian bed and breakfast that we got married in. Right after the post ceremony dinner... they boarded the windows up... lol
And here's Fred the Biker Dog! in his too cool Doggles!  Yes he rides with us!  Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. he's 2 cute!
    have a good sleep...sometimes hotels are just not like out own beds, right!

    we'll all be here waiting for your return...
    ciao bella
    carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are wonderful....and that is so neat...you sold some yummy stuff!!! Key Lime juice and honey...my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete