Monday, February 22, 2010

Saying good bye, in my own way...

I just got the call... My lovely mother-in-law is gone... I will miss her dearly. She's the closest to a mom that I've had since my mom passed in 1993. They were very much alike and would have been close in age. Both were creative souls and wonderful artists. One of Edna's paintings (that she had painted for her MIL) sits in my China cabinet with many of my treasured possessions... heirlooms passed down through generations... my mom's vintage ladies' head vases... my most prized teapots... I felt honored that she gave it to me when "Grandma Pearl" passed on. So, it takes it's place among my memories....
Godspeed lovely Edna...

9 comments:

  1. So so sorry to hear about your Mother in law. She sounds like quite a lady. Such a lovely painting! My thoughts are with you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post. Holding you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry for your loss.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss .... she sounds like a woman who will be dearly missed ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Diane, I am glad that you have such lovely memories to keep in your heart as she travels onto her next journey. Christen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your husband. I'm glad you have such a great treasure like that painting to remember her by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry for your loss Dianne! Edna sounds like a lovely and very special lady!

    May the long time sun shine upon you
    All Love surround you
    and the pure Light within you
    Guide your way on!
    Blessings and hugs!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so sorry that you have lost your mother-in-law Edna, who meant so much to you. How blessed you were to have a mil who shared your love for art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey--thanks for sharing your memories with us today. You are in my thoughts with your loss. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete