Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Review of California Tea House's Lemon Meringue Pie Tea

Oh my goodness! I'm late for tea! I'm just getting my days all mixed up... I spent the day with my friend Lois, planning her annual "Cool and Groovy Garden Party." I thought it was Sunday and she thought it was Monday! It's Tuesday... Tea Tuesday!

Since I'm late, I'm going to repost the review of the latest California Tea House tea I've tried... Lemon Meringue Pie Tea!


The aroma of this tea, when I first opened the pouch, was heavenly! I love vanilla and you can tell it's in there with the lemon grass and lemon preserves.


While waiting for the kettle to boil I admired the lovely color, set off by the lemon grass pieces.



Once steeped, the flavors came to life with the rich red color... I love vanilla and the vanilla beans came through, as did the lemon preserves, to produce a lovely lemon creme flavor.


Rooibos tea has many health benefits.. It's full of antioxidants and is naturally caffeine free. It tastes great iced too! This tea is so good and when Stevia is added, it satisfies my cravings for something sweet. It would make a wonderful dessert tea!


So, the next time I get a hankering for lemon creme cookie sandwiches... I'll just brew a pot of Lemon Meringue Pie Tea instead!



Check out all their teas by clicking on the banner on my blog! Also, make sure to go see Kimmie to visit our other Tuesday Tea friends!

10 comments:

  1. I was late also!!! Sounds intriguing!! I LOVE rooibos,not a big fan of vanilla- but the lemon added sounds yummy!!
    Drop by for tea if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooibus definitely needs add-ins I think ... Lemon and vanilla sound really yummy! But it would be nice to have a little sugar cookie for dunking too :)

    Just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the close-ups of the dragonfly tea ball and that darling painted tea cup...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell it, sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures...I just love tea this time of year...having a cup of Earl Grey at this moment.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how I missed this. At least I am here, now. Nice review. Unfortunately, I have so much tea, I won't be able to drink it all in my lifetime. And I guess caffeine free is what sets people who drink coffee apart from those who drink tea. Gotta have my caffeine or I don't function (grin). Love the idea of it being a dessert tea, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks wonderful! i feel like i can smell the loveliness through the screen! thank you so much for sharing and making me smile :) off to make a cup of tea...

    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm tea, I love it, and lemon meringue pie is my favorite, so the tea sounds heavenly. I wanted to let you know I found the link to the album Kerin made for our altered tea box swap and listed it on our discussion so you can up-load your swap pic, when you get yours. I will also become a follower of your lovely blog. TTFN Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds wonderful! Since I can eat sugar AT ALL now...I need to try this tea for a taste of something I love! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm going to have to find some of your tea. the lemon sounds really good. Love you little tea pot.

    ReplyDelete