Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fake nose not needed...

Just call me Rudolf!

This is what my nose looks like! I was supposed to set up at the Florida Estates Winery today to sell crafts and vintage teawares. My sinuses are so messed up my nose feels like it's on fire! I went through an entire box of tissues yesterday!

I've now been using my stash of soft vintage hankies... use one up, rinse it out in hot water, hang it to dry, use another until that one is dry, then re-use it... and the cycle goes on. So I sit in my warm house in jammies and socks, drinking hot chai tea, blowing my nose...  Hope you all are having a great weekend... Actually, with the exception of having to blow my nose every few minutes... mine isn't that bad!

7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! We've had a naty cold run through our house this week too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you feel better soon! I have just been TIRED since we got back! I keep trying to get things done...but I have 'low energy'! Take care of yourself, my friend! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having a Rudolph nose...It speaks "I have a cold" so loud and clear. Hope you get over your cold quick and hopefully enjoy some of that quiet time in your jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! Have you ever tried thyme tea for your sinuses? I may have given you the recipe somewhere along the line, but here it is again, just in case you want to try it:

    Steep 1 tsp. dried thyme in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 min. Strain (if you're not already using a tea ball) and add honey to taste. You can drink up to 3 cups per day. Thyme is a natural antiseptic and helps to clear sinus and bronchial passages. Also eases bronchial spasms.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you felt better. I know exactly how that feels and the irritation you get from all those nose wipers. Feel better soon, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Dianne
    sure hope you're feeling much much better now!
    Take care my friend
    oxo
    p.s. I have actually found that the paper tissues with lotion or aloe vera in them can be soothing when the red nose hits
    your vintage hankies sound soothing too

    ReplyDelete