Monday, November 21, 2011

Cool and Groovy Garden Party

This past weekend was my friend Lois' Cool and Groovy Garden Party. Every year just before the holidays, she invites her creative friends to set up in her garden to sell their goods. She sends out invitations and puts up flyers to bring the customers in. We have fun and entertainment and sangria and sell our stuff to wonderful people. 

She has hundreds of items she's made set up all over her house, porch and yard...

in her dining room... and bedroom...
Sorry, but all my pics of the living room didn't turn out :(



in the wooded lot next door... through this gate...



Sorry... can't remember this beauty's name, but here's her stuff!

We set up in the yard... Here's my stuff...

Brenda and Becky's stuff...

We had a wood carver the first day, but I forgot my camera. Entertaining neighbors come and put on a show. Of course they invited Lois up to play the tamborine with them...

It's always so much fun! This year I also set up a tea station for market research. You can read about that here.

This may be my last post for a while on this blog, as I'm really trying to concentrate on getting my tea business up and running. You can follow me at The Bohemian Tea House. I'm even considering just listing all of my crafts in my Etsy shop and only doing tea at events. I'll let you know when I get things posted there.

I'm sure I'll be participating in Tuesday Tea, either from here, or the tea house.



6 comments:

  1. What great fun. Everyone has some great stuff. I will be going to check out your tea blog again. Hey, I didn't realize you had an Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice way to have a sale. so much more fun and intimate then a field of tents. i'll be following your new blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun event ! To do this in a nice outdoor setting and with your friends ! Love it !
    I hope you got some good tea research !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a really splendid day full of eye candy and creativity!
    AND Fun!

    all the best to you D
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best of luck with your new business. It takes forever to get started and even longer to turn a profit. But I know you will make it! Loved your booth, too.

    ReplyDelete