Friday, December 4, 2009



It's been a cold and rainy day here in central Florida.  I know it gets much colder elsewhere, and it's only in the 50s... but, combine the cold with the rain and it cuts right through.  We had our annual department offsite today.  This is a day when my department at work goes offsite, usually to a preserve education center, and spends the day reviewing the past year's successes and concerns and discusses how to move forward in the coming year. 

We went to Brooker Creek Preserve.  This is a beautiful wild place in Pinellas County, which is one of the most densely populated counties in the state and is 90% built out.  While we were in the ed center most of the day, before our workday started and during lunch I went outside to take some photos.  It was cold and misting, but I wore tights under my skirt and boots, not to mention my cordouroy jacket and muffler scarf.  I was quite stylish in the woods today! 



Before the day ended, we were treated to a parade of wild turkeys feeding in the drizzle.  I still only have a 6 megapixel camera so I couldn't get a good picture of them, but I did get some shots in the wet woods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment