Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I took a speed reading class today at work.  Actually, it was much more than speed reading.  It also taught us techniques to comprehend faster and remember.  The memory skills are something I will definitely use.  I was trying to think of ways to incorporate this into my art work.  Of course I can use the techniques in all aspects of my life, but I wanted to make art out of something that I learned.  So, I will use the process of "mapping" to create art.  Mind mapping, is a way of learning and remembering aspects of a person's personality.  Book or article mapping is a way to rapidly read amd comprehend nonfiction books, articles and other publications.  I'll be working on this project over the next couple of weeks (along with other projects already in progress)and will document it on my blog.
I've also been looking for creative inspiration at work.  I work at a government agency and we have a rather large campus of buildings, vehicles and equipment.  It's landscaped and we have a small patch of woods, so there is inspiration on the grounds and in offices as well.  Here are some inspirations...
Inside...



and out...




No comments:

Post a Comment