Thursday, January 7, 2010

So much to say?

I'm at a loss.  I'm not really blocked... All day at work, all I could think about was getting home and working on some collages.  But... I'm not thrilled (understatement) with how the 6 chunky gothic arch collages for the Artchix swap are turning out.  So, I'm scrapping them and I'm not even motivated to start them over.  I'm really not motivated to do much at all. 
I did build a bit on the canvases I started the other night.  I had also started on some valentine boxes, little heart shaped paper mache boxes, that I will be making for my daughter and granddaughters.  But, tonight they sit in their flat, with a couple of coats of dry ivory colored paint on the inside of each. 
I'm not even motivated to write.  I feel like I don't have anything to say, but we all have something to say... be it profound or trivial. 
I need to say something... I just don't know what it is that I need to say.  Maybe... just that it's okay to be silent...
I create art in silence...  Perhaps... I don't need to say anything at all... maybe silence is what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment