Friday, January 8, 2010

Progress...

Bruce fixed supper tonight, so I was able to focus on some projects.  I worked on my valentine boxes...   I gave them a couple of coats of paint on the outside.  I had already painted them ivory on the inside.

I also continued building my background for the collage I've been working on.  I painted roughly diagonally opposite corners Sterling Blue and Buttercup over the Gingerbread... producing sort of a grid...


Then I laid over that, a generous coat of matte gel medium...


It will be clearer when it dries.  I just finished reading a book on collage techniques.  I plan on using some of the new techniques I've learned.  The Dunedin Fine Art Center has a 6 week collage course I'd like to take.  Unfortunately, it is on Wednesdays during the day... and alas... I have a job.  But(!)... There is a 3 day workshop with Josette Urso on my birthday weekend.  I'd just have to take that Friday off.  I've already put in for the day off.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment