Sunday, February 20, 2011

Searching...

I've been somewhat absent in my blogging and blog hopping lately. There is a good reason... A week ago a representative for my landlady (Violet) called and said that she had passed away. She was a lovely elderly woman that we've rented our home from for six years. Anyway, the trust that now owns the house has to be liquidated in order to disperse her estate to her heirs. The house is not in a neighborhood that we really would want to buy in, plus, with massive medical bills over the past two years (my motorcycle wreck and my husbands winning battle with cancer), we aren't in a position to buy, so... we've been searching for another house to rent. The agent we have knew and worked with Violet, so she knows our situation and has been showing us very comparable homes. Anyway... until we find a place and complete the move, I will be hit or miss with my blogging. One benefit for you is that, we are going to have to downsize... That means DESTASH! So when I finally do my giveaway, there will be lots of things to giveaway. So stay tuned!

14 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best in this upcoming season of change .... Hoping it will be a good and gracious adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you find something just right for you... and so glad your husband is winning his battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. I hope that these changes briong you to a cozy new place to make your home.
    Will be waiting for you when you get back...;)
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. o best wishes for a speedy home find...sorry to hear about Violet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving can be very cathartic I find...good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your landlady. Best of luck finding a new place! Looking forward to your return to blogging. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about this loss and the effect it has on your life. It is huge to move and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dianne,

    What a mess!! I know that must be hard for you to find a decent place, as well as the loss of your landlady and friend, Violet. We are here if you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sending hugs and hope for your new adventure, and I know you will find the perfect place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything is going well. You are in my thoughts today! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dianne,
    sorry about your landlady!! Hope you will find
    a new home soon!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. my love is with you....may doors open, smoothly with ease and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just stopping by to say I miss you and hope things are going well with your move! Take care and enjoy this glorious weather! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have been thinking of you lately - hoping you are well and are finding a place to call home.

    ReplyDelete