Thursday, December 2, 2010

Little Christmas Birdies...

I've been wondering what to do with the orphaned tea cups I acquire...


Here are two that I turned into nests for little birdies... Aren't they adorable??? 

The little white cup with the gold rim is some sort of lustre ware... It is really offwhite with an iridescent glaze...

I used nests and mushroom birds from the craft store.  The moss is also from the craft store, but the lichens I collected from pine tree bark at my daughter's.  I also added glittered fern leaves for a little bling...

8 comments:

  1. ooo diane! these are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little birds, how creative and what a great idea for the old cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of my favorite christmas ornaments are birds and birdnests ... what a sweet idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know what to do with all those lovely cups I see at the thrift store, but have no idea what to do with them. Clever idea, because I'm a big bird collector, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dianne,
    what a wonderful idea! Love it.
    Have a wonderful week.
    XO Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did to the old teacups!!!

    ReplyDelete