Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Going Out on a Limb...

Okay... So I went out on a limb and tried something that is not my usual style...





















 This is a 13x13.5x3 inch natural tote bag (the third and last of the pack of three I got last week). I cut a bird shape out of tie dyed cotton and decoupaged it onto the front. Then I tore a crumpled paper bag into strips and decoupaged them onto it to make the nest and twigs. Then I painted the leaves, bird's eye and its beak. Like I said, not my usual style... but I think it turned out okay...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Dianne, it's fun and whimsy all at once...

    like a nature lovers bag! perfect for a walk out in the woods, to carry a camera, and a small lunch or snack! and sketch pad!

    see, i have an entire outing planned around your bag! inspirational!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful- what a darling tote- you will get lots of comments from people when you use it - so creative Diane!

    ReplyDelete