Sunday, February 14, 2010

Katie's Warbler

I haven't felt very inspired today. I've been here alone all day... quiet... nursing my eye... creating nothing. That's one reason I haven't been inspired today. Conjunctivitis puts a damper on anything I need both eyes to do... drive, be in the sun (which is finally out in 3 days), take pictures or create visual art... or even type for that matter....
So... I'm going to leave you with a photo from a very talented young photographer. She's a part of my crazy, extended family (stepdaughter of my first husband - we are all one big happy family, full of current and former wives and husbands and biological and step children with multiple sets of grandparents). She says she thinks she's addicted to selective coloring... and this is one of my favorite photos of hers...
Here's a link to her Flickr stream if you'd like to see more   http://www.flickr.com/photos/katiechapman2/

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful color against the black and white- stunning photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--it's stunning! I'm off to check out the other photos--thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say she is quite a photographer! I talked to my Mom today, she lives towards the east coast, near Sanford. She told me how cold it has been down there! Sorry about your eye. I get something every year around this time. It got so bad last year that my tear ducts got stopped up, so they kept tearing up and watering. I spent no telling how much on prescriptions for expensive eye drops and trips to the eye doctor. I finally saw a different doctor that prescribed a steroid drop to shrink the swelling of the ducts so they would open back up, then told me to buy Alaway over the counter at the drug store. Cleared right up!! Hope ya feel better, I have a feeling your inspiration will be back very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the altered photo - it is exquisite! I also enjoyed your story about your extended family and marvelled at the rarity of people being able to stay friends through thick and thin. What a great attitude to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - such talent at age 15! Please pass on my congratulations. Apart from the Harley Davidson and the (tasteful) body art, we may be kindred spirits. Tea, very hot and very strong tea, is my favourite beverage! (Most Australians are great tea-drinkers no matter how hot the weather). The person who lives in the same house as me (also known as the husband but that is another story) has two mint condition pre-WW2 Harleys. Even though I have never ridden them I can appreciate their beauty and style not matched by their owner. I am fortunate to have a large extended family on MY SIDE so I am halfway to where you are but never likely to go any further!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great talent she is, I look out for her futere!! It's nice to here that you have a very happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~vibrant little one is he...love what she has done and quite the stunning photographer is she...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete